Monday, April 22, 2013

Childhood Memories...Gone

Childhood memories......Well mine are gone.  Well not the memories, just the momentos.  Here's the story:  My parents lived in the same house for almost 40 years.  My dad saw a house for sale, looked at it, bought it, then told my mom "I bought a house."  Yep.  He did that.  Needless to say that moving after 40 years in the same house meant some purging.  So helping my mother clean out the attic became a walk down memory lane.  I found my old baby clothes, dolls, Major Morgan, just to name a few old toys.  So I put them in a trash bag to bring to my house for my daughters to see.  In the mean time......before I could show my darling daughters and spend time remembering my childhood...my husband mistook them for trash (even though I placed them in an "obvious this is not trash" spot in our garage. So all my childhood momentos=GONE.  Yes I cried.  Just to have a record of some of the items I will never see again, here are some stock photos of my thrown away items. :(


 
What DID survive, no thanks to hubby, was my Baby Beth.  Luckily I did not stuff her in the trashbag and brought her inside to clean her up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!