Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Here Summer Summer

7 More Days....

Seven more days until my summer freedom/vacation begins.  I am ready.  Verrry ready.  This has been a great school year, I have enjoyed teaching my students this year, but I am looking forward to sweet freedom.  Here is my summer To Do List:

  1. Clean out my Yukon.  I mean really clean it.  It is a hot mess and I dread this.  But I WILL clean it this summer.
  2. Organize photos and put in albums.  (Gotta buy the albums first.)  I spent several days during the school year uploading photos and ordering them online.  Now it's time to date them on the back and put them in albums.  This is going to be a big and confusing job since the last time I have done this is in 2009.  Not kidding.
  3. Organize the attic.  Sounds crazy and this is something that my hubby used to do twice a year (can you say OCD?) but now it is my turn.  I have plastic tubs of things of my daughters' and said things need to be organized.
  4. Go to numerous softball games.  Up next: Birmingham, AL and ending with Gulfport, MS.  Can't wait!  And I'm not being sarcastic.  Nothing I like better than watching my girl play softball.  Makes me HaPpY!
  5. Possibly paint oldest daughter's bedroom furniture.  It is cherry wood that has taken a beating from said daughter.  Nothing like removing your nail polish with a cotton ball and laying that nail-polish-remover-soaked cotton ball on your night stand.  Doesn't make for a pretty finish.  Thinking about painting it black with maybe hombre grey drawers.  If I spend hours sanding and painting her furniture will this make her not put nail-polish-remover-soaked cotton balls on it???
  6. Watch a lot of Netflix.  I'm currently on Lost (Season 3).  After finishing Desperate Housewives.  I have mixed emotions with watching an entire series on Netflix.  Yes, it's very convenient.  Yes, no commericials.  Yes, you can watch an entire season of a show in a couple of weeks.  BUT.....it is so sad watching that last show knowing that you have actually watched EVERY show and there will be no more.  When watching shows live on TV there is a possibility that you missed one and can see a fresh new show sometime in reruns (which used to happen with Friends, but I think I have seen every last one of them now).  But with Netflix.  NOPE.  No more.  Ever.
  7. Last but not least on my list.  Relax.  Relax.  Relax.  To get geared up for next year's group of students.   
Ready for summer.  Bring it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!