Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Chocolate Gravy......Yum!

A southern breakfast staple is chololate gravy!  If you have never tried it, you sure need to! We had another snow day yesterday (8th this school year) and my 19 year old woke up at 11:00 a.m. (early for her!) and requested chocolate gravy and biscuits.  Breakfast for her, lunch for me. :)

This time I used Grands frozen biscuits but I do have a great recipe for homemade biscuits I will try with this sometime when I am not so lazy. 

(Please excuse iPhone pictures)




CHOCOLATE GRAVY

Ingredients:
·         1 cup granulated sugar
·         1 tablespoon butter or margarine
·         1 ½ cups milk
·         2 tablespoons flour
·         3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
1.    Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium saucepan with a whisk.  Stir in milk.
2.    Cook over medium heat stirring constantly.  When the mixture has thickened to the consistency of pudding remove from heat.
3.    Add butter and stir until butter is melted.
4.    Serve over biscuits and enjoy!  (Makes 1 ½ cups)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!