Thursday, May 22, 2014

Suprise!!!

 


Last month my daughter turned 20 (still hard to say that!) and her sweet friends threw her a suprise birthday party at our home.  She didn't have a clue. :)

 

Being that she's 20 and not 5, I didn't do much in terms of decorating.  I made a banner using Anders Ruff's free printable banner.  Found here.   I printed it on a colored laser printer, used a paper cutter so my cuts would be straight, and glued the prints to yellow card stock (also cut with paper cutter), then glued the peices to a hot pink ribbon I had in my stash.  It was the hit of the party!  Thanks Anders Ruff!


I picked up some flowers at Wal-Mart and put them in an old vase I had and added some polka dot balloons (also from Wal-Mart.)  Simple, yet she loved it. 

Her cake was not what I asked for (I think they must have gotten my order mixed up with someone elses design or the lady that took the order just wrote something random down!) but it was not bad.  It tasted good and that's all that mattered to my daughter! 


My husband grilled some burgers and hot dogs, I made a corn dip to serve with corn chips, and Asian cole slaw and a good time was had by all. :)


And yes, we made her wear a Birthday Girl button.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!