Monday, June 16, 2014

Hair Straightener On the Cheap

via

 

I wear my hair straight every. single. day.  I have just enough curl (frizz) to be a nusiance but not enough to wear my hair curly.  So I straighten it every day using a flat iron/hair straightener.  Between my two daughters and me, we have gone through about 6 Chi Flat Irons.  At $100 a pop, that sure has added up.  I got tired of having one for a little over a year and then it would quit heating up or just not get hot enough to do the job anymore. 

 

 

I bought most of them through my hair dresser, one on Ebay, and one on Amazon that lasted maybe 5 months.  It got old having to replace them every year or so.

 

I next bought the Bio Ionic 1 1/2 inch from my hair dresser.  This one ran about $150 when I bought it (you can get it now for $79 from the Amazon link below)  but I decided to spend the extra money since my research said it lasted longer than an Chi and it did-about 3 years so far for mine.  My daughter used it and loved it and we ordered her one, too. My daughter's unfortunately did not last as long.  Hers lasted a little over 2 years.  Still better than a Chi.  And I have to say-It does get really hot which results in straighter hair but you have to be careful not to damage your hair.  I did have to get used to the extra 1/2 inch in size, but I really do like this straightener.  It really takes less time to get your hair good and straight due to the higher heat.


Bio-Ionic RTX-450 Digital Iron, 1.25"

 

Well, when my daughter's went kaput recently we just shared for a little bit.  We shower and do our hair at different times so it worked out ok.  Just a little bit of a hassle going into her bathroom to use it, but doable.  But then she was leaving for a trip with one of her friends and had to take it with her leaving me with my frizz.  So until I got to my hair dresser to order one for her I just went to Wal-Mart and bought a cheap one there.  Well suprise!  I like it just as well as the Chi!  It may not work quite as well as the Bio Ionic but for $30-I love it! 

 

 

 

Remington Pearl Pro 1 Inch

 

It's the Remington Pearl Pro 1 Inch and it works great! Also, when I take it with me traveling I don't feel as though I have to hide it at the hotel.  Sounds bad, but I had one of my Chi straighteners come up missing at a hotel.  After throwing a fit, they "found" it.  Imagine that. :)  If this one were to get "lost" by leaving it out on the counter during a hotel stay, then I'm not out that much money.

 

If you don't want to spend $100+ then I highly recommend the Remington Pearl Pro.  I've been using it for about 3 months and it's still working great for me and my frizz. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!