Friday, July 4, 2014

Goodwill Haul

I finally hit up our local Goodwill store.  I've been kind of scared to try it out since the only other Goodwill I've ever been to made me feel like I needed to take a shower and scrub with a Brillo pad when I left.  Not to mention that everything was way over priced.  Ugly pictures were marked $25.00!  What?!?  That Goodwill was in Mississippi and I don't know what their deal was.  But our local one was MUCH better!  I will be going back!

Here's part of what I walked out with for $12 big ones.......
 
 
I picked up all of the little containers to use in my daughter's bathroom to try to help organize her makeup.  They were from 50¢ to $3!  Here they are holding her makeup, make up brushes, and other items that she refused to put away in her bathroom drawers.
 

 
 
Here is a before and after....
 
 
 
 
 (The "Before" is actually an after as well.  I did have to put tidy everything up because my darling daughter just throws everything everywhere!)

 
I know it is not a huge difference....it's still a work in progress. :)  I will be going back to Goodwill looking for a couple more containers.  The good news is that my daughter is acutally putting her makeup and brushes back in these containers.  Whereas before she just threw everything on the tray.  Since I've made it "pretty," she is trying to keep it neat!  HUGE accomplishment for her!!!  I am a firm believer that if you make it look pretty, you will take a little more time to keep it neat.  There may be hope for her after all!
 
Back to my Goodwill finds....
 
 
I also picked up three frames that I plan on using in a gallery wall in my daughter's bedroom.  I'm slowly collecting frames and can't wait to get started.  I obviously will not be including the swams or the cheetah.  As cute as they are.  I really was happy to find the octogon frame to give the gallery wall a little more interest. 
 
And from the first picture, the silver bucket found a home on our covered porch that I am slowing trying to decorate.
 
 
I had the boxwood piece already and it fit perfectly in the silver bucket.  Love it!
 
I'm glad I finally gave Goodwill another chance...and I can't wait to go back!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!