Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Back to the Grind after Snow Week

Well it's the first full day back at work after being out of school for 5 days and then going in an hour late for 2 days.  While I enjoyed the lazy time off it was good to get back to a routine....and just get out of the house!

We were expecting 6-8 inches of snow.  In Arkansas.  But we got a few inches of sleet/freezing rain instead.  Now I know in Northern states that wouldn't be that big of a deal.  Not compared to the FEET of snow some places have gotten.  But here in the South snow=sit your butt at home.

So I litterally was in my pajamas for 5 straight days!  I got out day 1 and then on day 6.  

This is what the roads looked like on our way to my brother's house to go sledding.  That's ice with a little bit of snow on top.




Now this is a four-lane highway.  Not some back country road!

Here is our group of sledders.  We had so much fun!  I didn't get pictures of my girls and friends riding on a car hood being pulled by a four-wheeler.  (Can we say red-neck!?)


I'm one of those sledders but not going to identify myself.  Wasn't my best hair day. ;)

It was a good mini vaca consisting of pajamas, Netflix, reading and catching up on my TV shows.  I got caught up on Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, and State of Affairs.  State of Affairs is a new show I'm watching and boy is it getting good!  It was good while it lasted but those extra days added on to the end of our school year are really going to suck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!